Thursday, July 19, 2007

She need's a Television!

-Gretchen-

One of the early morning rituals that I had before the rest of the family woke up was going out to the back yard and playing on the swing. I remember making up songs and singing them at the top of my voice. I was a totally inspired 4 year old....
Anyways, one day the neighbor across the street was talking to my mom and the topic of my early morning concerts came up. Joan, who was pretty brassy and always said what she thought, said "what that girl needs a Television!" I guess that she didn't appreciate being serenaded at 6:30 in the morning!
I think that music was one of my favorite early morning activities. We had a little Fisher Price record player with a whole stack of fun stories and music. I had two favorites that I played over and over. The first one was from "The Music Machine" and it was a "morning song". It started out with a loud roosters call and then continued with a very peppy "good morning good morning good morning it's time to rise and shine.... good morning good morning good morning I hope you're feel'n fine!" (the bold indicates how loud it was). The second favorite was the theme music from the "Lone Ranger". While it played I would sit intently slapping my hands on my thighs to sound like a horse running. Eventually my sisters would stagger out and my goal was accomplished!

Now that I think back I wish that I had that much energy in the morning. I'm still fairly cheerful when I get up but I could easily sleep in until 8:00 now.

1 comment:

Laura Ellen said...

I was a swing singer too. Although just like now, I was more likely to get out there and sing after dark than I was in the morning! =)

Guess what, those Christmas dishes were part of a set that Shayleen already had. Too perfect!

Do you guys like the new Chic-Fil-A? Wanna meet us there some time for an upscale dining experience?