Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our own little parly's

Ok, Aunt Luanne! Here's more! =0)

One of the things my mom valued and allowed for us was our own little space. We called it a "parly". If I remember correctly Erin had the side of the house between the garage and the house. It was made into a little kitchen with various things scavenged from our house that weren't used anymore. She also had a little toy stove (sink)?. I remember her playing for hours out there sometimes with cousin Ariana or just by herself.
I had the shed behind the house that we turned into a little play house. We found scraps of carpet for the old wood floor and we collected empty cereal boxes and such to line the shelves. It really was a fun project and I was out there alot trying to make it even better. I remember being in there one early morning and hearing what I thought was someone walking on the roof. I ran inside to tell my parents and they were already awake. It turned out to have been a small earthquake!
I can't remember if Heidi had a parly but I know that she usually had a book and an apple and could be found curled up in the corner of the orange couch.

3 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Happy sigh... thanks, that was nice!

ShackelMom said...

I am wondering if 'parly' is short for parlor...

Gretchen said...

Actually I think you're right Aunt Luanne. That's what is sounds like.